Re-Greetings and Salutations and a Happy New Year!
Just wanted to let everyone know we're finally back in Canada after traveling through Poland, England, India, and Nepal. We had a blast, we're tired, and we're trying to start the year off on a good foot. There will be changes coming in the next few months, which will include a new website (yay!). There will be photo exhibitions in the first and second half of the year. There will be photos going up from the trip as soon as the new TB's arrive and there is a book in the works with an estimated published date of sometime in the early fall.
I also wanted to thank everyone who has emailed me regarding wedding photography. If I haven't sent you a response yet, I will soon, as my email box is overflowing right now. In a few days, all messages will be answered.
Some answers to wedding photography questions...
1. Yes, my prices are probably more then what some previous clients have posted on certain wedding forums... but I bet you they're still pretty affordable.
2. No, I am not a full-time, 100%, die-hard wedding photographer... but I am interested in documenting your wedding day.... I shoot a limited number of weddings a year.. and that is by choice. It helps me keep my ideas fresh, and gives me time to pursue other kinds of photography as well.
3. Yes, I do work with a second shooter/assistant (If you haven't guessed, it's usually my wife who takes pretty awesome photos)
4. No, we don't use many flashes and strobes. Sure sometimes strobes are necessary, but not for every photo!!! I love natural light and being as unobtrusive as possible. Some people like my style of photography, others don't... that's why there are so many photographers out there, to fit everyone's tastes and requirements. Please, at the very least, take a look at my photos before you get in contact with me, to know what you're getting yourself into:)
5. Yes, we take pride in our work, and provide you with undivided attention on your wedding day. We also don't drink alcohol on your wedding day, and treat everyone with ooodles (<-- that means lots) of respect.
6. No, I don't advertise on wedding forums (see #2 above)
7. Yes, we (I, and usually my assistant) have a sense of humour. We hope you have one too!
Now that the formalities are out of the way, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year, lots of everything that is good, but not too much because everything should be in moderation.